Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Ultimate All Purpose Excuse


Let’s just say I am trying to get of a speeding ticket. Let’s just say. Setting the scenario, it’s like 11:30 at night I am looking for air to add to my rear shocks so the truck will ride a little better. We stop at herds thinking a truck stop would have air.... wrong. So we plan to go to Casey's and get air. I know they have air. But first we have to look at Levis car because he bottomed out just a bit before this. We are looking at his car when I hear the truck door shut. Well then I see its just Jake and I figure he is just sitting in it like any other time. We go back to looking at the car then I hear the truck start and so I get up and give Jake kind of a look. Nothing severer but then again he =isn't real intelligent to notice. I watch him very closely then he puts it in reverse. I start shaking my head no. what does he do? He backs up. So I then stare him down and apparently he does not notice for he just takes off to the road. Levi is telling him to go and I am telling Levi to shut up but it is too late and Jake takes off. The thing I know is that 1 the truck is very sensitive and 2 the blinker will not shut off. I also know that he is in my truck without me. MY truck. I run to Sura's car and him to sit in the passenger seat because I know I am going to speed. This way if I do get pulled over it will be ok because Sura will not be in trouble. Well on my way to catch up I see a cop. I just pull over because I already know.

 

The cop pulls me over and the first question is obviously "do you know why I pulled you over?" my answer is simple "speeding?"

 

He then ask me why I am going so fast so I tell him the truth. "I am trying to catch my truck that was in front of me."

 

He asked me if I had been drinking. What the heck?!?!?

 

Then if the guy in the truck has been drinking. I thought this was a good excuse and the truth as well but it being the cop it was I knew I was screwed from the start. Long story short I get a ticket

No comments:

Post a Comment