Friday, May 3, 2013

Epilogue


When someone first looks at me I am sure we do not share the same thoughts about myself but I could hope that then can see past all the grease and want to know me for who I really am. Althought I sometimes struggle in knowing and understanding who I am at times, I like to think I am the person that is a friend whom you know you can trust with any secrets and am ready at any time for you to call and want to hang out.

Understanding – I would choose understanding because it is a word that is very univerible in certen terms. The way I would use it is that I am a good listener and that I go out of my way to try and understand what someone is explaining. I try to relate so that I can get as close to the first person feeling as I can. I always try and dig deeper when listening to the person talk about something. I ask to help me understand and as well help them release anything that may be holding them back. In the same sense as listening I am trying to make sure that I make it understood that I will keep this between me and that person I am talking to. They say secrets kill but then what doesn’t?

Thinking – I am a thinker. I want to know as much about something as I can. I want to know how it works why it works that way. I want to be able to take it apart and be able to build it that way myself. I want to rebuild it and make it better. I thrive in understanding anything I can.

Careless - I am careless. I procrastinate till I know something needs to be done. However I do this to the sense that I try not to stress something beyond what it is actually worth. I live in the moment. I do not plan into my future. I do not try to stress what has not happened yet because I do not want to worry about what may never happen. I will say that I do wonder about the “ifs” and I do wonder about what will happen next but I try and avoid it because I know the lord will provide. I have enough faith in him that I do not stress my future very much. Most people say this is stupid and careless but it has worked for me so far.

                I would not be able to do this without all of the writing I have done this semester in creative writing. I do not say that in the sense that I want Mrs. Slagle to have a big head but I actually learned all of this about myself while writing for my future

1 comment:

  1. Tyler,

    Though you missed the final, your epilogue sums you up very well. I think a lot of people, even your close friends, could learn a lot about you by reading your blog. You really opened up and it seems you have found a deeper emotional side of yourself. I know that you are doing a lot of thinking right now about many different situations but I want you to know that you should always do what is best for you right now. You are young, you have lots of life ahead of you and these years are for making yourself who you aspire to be. Even if the decision is hard, if it is what you feel in your gut is good for you, go for it! Best of luck after graduation!

    Mrs. Slagle

    ReplyDelete